|POLICY TITLE||CHILD SAFE STANDARDS POLICY|
|POLICY NUMBER||POL/HUMAN 615|
|DATE ADOPTED||August 2016|
|DATE REVIEWED||December 2017|
|TO BE REVIEWED||December 2020|
Council is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
This Policy applies to Councillors, staff, contractors and volunteers engaged by Council.
- To prevent child abuse within Council.
- To work towards an organisational culture of child safety.
- To ensure that all parties are aware of their responsibilities for identifying possible occasions for child abuse and for establishing controls and procedures for preventing
such abuse and/or detecting such abuse when it occurs.
- To provide guidance to employees/volunteers/contractors as to action that should be taken where they suspect any abuse within or outside of the organisation.
- To provide a clear statement to employees/volunteers/contractors forbidding any such abuse.
- To provide assurance that any and all suspected abuse will be fully investigated.
- To provide assurance that any and all suspected abuse will be reported.
- Police and Working with Children Check DIR PRO STAFF119
- Crimes Act 1958 (Vic)
- Child Wellbeing and Safety Amendment Act 2015 (Vic)
Signed: Cr Les McPhee (Mayor)