The position description is an outline of the nature and expected outcomes of the job. It also outlines the knowledge and skills required to undertake the role. It is not a detailed record of every task and duty.
Your application should include
|Current resume||A resume is a document that highlights your experience, qualifications, and skills in the hope of securing a job interview. Please include with your resume the names and contact numbers of at least two referees.|
|Cover letter||A cover letter is a letter you send to accompany your resume when you apply for job. The covering letter should be tailored specifically for the position you are applying for.|
|Separate attachment addressing the key selection criteria||The key selection criteria indicates the level of knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes that you have in order to perform the duties of the position. We require you to provide a statement addressing each criteria as part of your application. Your responses allow us to better assess your ability to meet the criteria.|
- Download a copy of the position description and read it thoroughly.
- Contact the nominated person if you have any job-related queries.
- Address key selection criteria in a separate document. Use each selection criterion as a heading, and address how your skills, abilities, experience and qualifications meet the criteria.
- Address the application to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Clearly identify the position you are applying for in your application.
- Include a daytime contact telephone number in your application.
- Provide the names and contact details of at least two work-related referees,
- Send/submit your application so that it arrives by the closing date and time. Applications will only be reviewed after the closing date.
The interview process
- Applications are assessed against the key selection criteria.
- If shortlisted, you will be contacted by phone and provided with the relevant details for the interview – date, time, and venue.
- The interview panel will usually consist of three panel members, including the Manager of the position advertised.
- At the conclusion of the interview, you will be given an opportunity to ask any questions.
- The Chairperson will provide details of the expected timeline notifying successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- If you are unsuccessful in obtaining an interview, you will be notified in writing.
After the interview
- The successful applicant will be notified by phone to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
- Please note that some positions will require the successful applicant to undergo a pre-employment medical, Police Check and Working with Children check.
- A commencement date and other conditions of employment will be agreed on and a letter of offer will be sent to confirm the terms and conditions of your employment.
- The unsuccessful applicants will be advised via telephone of the selection panel’s decision, followed by a letter confirming the outcome.
- Unsuccessful applicants are able to contact the Chairperson of the selection panel for feedback on their application and interview.