Friday, 31 August 2018.
Carter & Carter, Felicity Urquhart, Travis Sinclair & Anthony Taylor
Put four Multi Award Winners together in one big concert, and you’ve got a Taste of Tamworth at its best.
Golden Guitar Winners – Carter & Carter, Felicity Urquhart and Travis Sinclair team up with rising star Anthony Taylor, to give you an authentic taste of Tamworth – Australia’s biggest country music festival.
Each act brings their own unique form of music and personality to the stage and then team up for a fun filled finale. This show is has a respected reputation for providing a high quality taste of Australia’s largest festival Tamworth – a taste that keeps people coming back for more. So come along and be part of the Tamworth experience as the artists launch into a string of their National #1 hits and some well known favourites.
Four Multi- Award Winning acts coming together for one big concert only comes along once a year with the Taste Of Tamworth show.
|When:||Friday, 31 August 2018 at 8.00pm|
|Where:||Swan Hill Town Hall PACC|
15 years and under $15
Carter & Carter
Their incredible career continues with hit singles ‘Stand Tall’ and ‘World Full Of Angels’ coming for their recently released eighth award winning ‘Better Day’. The most successful Independent Country Music Act in Australia for the last 17 years Carter & Carter have amassed more awards and more chart success than any independent artist in the history of Australian country music. Their achievements to date include:
- A Golden Guitar
- Nine National #1 Hits on Country Music Radio plus another sixteen National Top 10 Hits
- An APRA Award for Most Performed Country Work ( won against Troy Cassar-Daley, Sara Storer, Paul Kelly & Lee Kernaghan)
- The CMAA Industry Achiever Award for Independent Entertainer of the Year for three consecutive years
- 11 Australian Independent Country Music Awards – the most of any artist to date ( nominated again this year in the 2017 awards)
‘Better Day’ their new album contains music designed to bring people together to celebrate life, share stories, build friendships and community. It’s about sharing the good times and the hard times and knowing that you’re never alone – it’s Carter & Carter.
ABC radio “Saturday Night Country” Host, Television Presenter on Ch 7 “Sydney Weekender” with Mike Whitney, and multi Golden Guitar winner. Essentially, FELICITY URQUHART is a proven triple threat! One of the most likeable personalities, the girl from Tamworth (NSW) that made good is now a fine story teller. Whether hosting major award shows, corporate functions or festival concerts, Felicity has the innate ability to connect with an audience with her authenticity and professionalism.
- Multiple Golden Guitar wins both as a solo artist and also as part of collaborations
- Saturday Night Country ABC National Program host for several years
- Felicity has opened for John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson and the late Waylon Jennings.
- The CMAA Industry Achiever Award for Independent Entertainer of the Year twice.
- ARIA Award nominated artist and Centenary Medal Winner
- Performed as a feature artist in Carols In The Domain
Felicity has worked alongside some of the biggest names and yet remains as humble as ever, a leading light of the Australian country music scene for more than two decades. Felicity Urquhart mixes the twang of country and the authenticity of roots in a unique way that draws the audience in and takes them on a rollercoaster ride of emotions
Travis Sinclair – is the Real Deal. Born into a trucking family in the Albury area Travis has lived and breathed the songs he sings, with a voice that has established him as one of country music’s stars here in Australia and overseas. Starting his career by winning the New Talent Golden Guitar, Travis has gone on to record three multi-award winning albums ‘ The Rhythm Of The Highway’, ‘Rush’ and ‘Diesel Boy.
- A Golden Guitar
- Six National #1 Hits on Country Music Radio
- Actor in the Man From Snowy River: Arena Spectacular (Lee Kernaghan’s role)
- Duet of the Year for his recording of ‘ I’m From The Country ‘ with Lee Kernaghan.
- 9 consecutive top 10 singles from his Rhythm Of The Highway Album
But it is the energy and authenticity of his live shows that keep audiences coming back from more, as they sense in Travis someone whose voice, songs and image are more than just a performance for the stage. Travis Sinclair is truly country to the core and authentic as the hat he wears.
Anthony Taylor – is an amazing guitarist/vocalist with a voice that will just melt you and a style as true to country as you can get. Some of Anthony’s achievements to date are:
- Boot Camp Finalist in the Voice Television program
- Gympie Muster Talent Search Winner
- Tamworth Entertainer Of The Year
- Queensland Champion Of Champions
- Has played as a guitarist/vocalist for Adam Harvey, The Sunny Cowgirls, Roo Arcus, Doug Bruce and Paul Costa
Launching his debut album to Victoria on this tour, Anthony Taylor brings an incredible effortlessness to his performances while creating show-stopping, jaw-dropping moments to remember – definitely a star on the rise.